What Is The Best Chair For Overweight and Heavy Person from $200 to $1500 Range
In this article, we have reviewed the Best Chair For Overweight Person. If you are in a hurry, check our top ones.
In a Hurry!
Our Top Pick
As an obese man, I spend a lot of time either sitting in a chair or searching for a chair to sit in. At least in comparison with the normal person. All my years of being obese and shopping for chairs have left me questioning that a fat person’s cozy chair is too hard to locate! What sort of people are still expected to sit in the flimsy, anemic chairs that most shops sell?
I can see that shops or restaurants don’t have chairs that suit me. That’s got to suit most of their buyers who aren’t my type. So why can’t I locate the sturdy chairs at home? Ok, the response is, we may have high-capacity seats, but they are hard to find and appear to be prohibitively priced.
This brings me to this purchase guide! I spent hours and hours studying and checking the best chairs for a big guy, so you don’t have to! I looked at ratings, fabrics, and costs until my eyes were swollen, followed by several hours of sitting to see what succeeded and what didn’t.
Now, I trust you’ll never be uncomfortable in your home again! Don’t spend your time or resources on chairs made for the ordinary citizen. Get a quality chair that’s made for a heavy human and can last for several years! Let’s just talk about the chairs!
Overall Best Chair For Overweight Person
- Leap Plus offers the same benefits, aesthetic appeal and functionality of Leap with support for users up to 500 lbs.
- Live Back technology that allows the back of the chair to mimic the movements of the spine
- Arms telescope in and out, move forward and back, pivot and adjust up and down so you can find a natural position that comfortably supports your needs
- Designed with the planet in mind and is up to 98% recyclable by weight and made of up to 30% recycled content
- Weight tested up to 500 pounds with no loss of performance
The Steelcase Leap was the best of all the office chairs I’ve been sitting on in my life. It’s manufactured in America from high-quality products that have been designed to last.
If you’re searching for an attractive and classy office chair that you can lounge on for hours in the end without ever feeling awkward, then that’s the one for you!
Apart from that, the other thing I love about this office chair is how well it’s made. As soon as you sit on it, you’ll note how substantial it looks, as though it weighs a lot more than 58 pounds.
This chair is #1 on the list for a reason: it has the perfect combination of design, weight size, comfort and durability. It’s highly recommended!
As I said above, I’ve sat on a myriad of large & tall office chairs, and although all of them seem pretty relaxed sitting at first, you really want to sit somewhere else over time. Either the cushioning is too stiff, or the ergonomics of the chair do not suit my body too well. This is not the case for this one, though.
The chair’s cushioning is just soft enough so you can stay on it pretty much all day without your ass getting uncomfortable or too mushy. The chair has been measured for up to 500 pounds, and I’m fairly confident it’s a modest figure.
This chair looks so rock-strong that it will be easy for 600 pounders to sit on this chair without a hitch. Combine this with a very ergonomic backrest to make it a very comfortable and snug office chair with a very chic aesthetic.
The sleek yet classy style of the chair would blend into the office of the company’s CEO or physician. It surely looks pricey, and guess what: it is.
This is the only con I’ve seen on this chair, but if you’re searching for anything that can hold more than 500 pounds while feeling super relaxed sitting for a few hours, then you couldn’t do anything better than having this chair!
- Your purchase includes One Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Chair – Size C, graphite color
- Chair dimensions: 43" H x 28.25" W x 18.5" D. Seat heights: 16”-20.5”.
- Tilt Limiter lets you set the recline range at one of three postures. Tension control lets you adjust the amount of effort needed to recline comfortably. Seat Angle Adjustment changes seat angle from neutral to engaged
- Try the Adjustable PostureFit Sacral/Lumbar support. Two individual pads flex independently and can be adjust to fit the curve of your spine
- Fully Adjustable Arms adjust from a height of 6.8” above the seat to 10.8 inches above the seat, slide backward and forward over a range of 2.5 inches, pivot 15 degrees outward and 17.5 degrees inward
Herman Miller Aeron is another luxurious ergonomic chair and a genuine ‘high-end’ seat option. The price tag on this chair is far higher than certain other ergonomic seats, but you surely get what you pay for.
Even looking at the Herman Miller Aeron, you wouldn’t assume it would be good for obese people. It looks like barebones, with little padding and a very lightweight, small frame – but you’re not supposed to judge a book by its cover.
This chair’s structure is robust enough to withstand up to 350 pounds. The number of big and tall people will be fine with this weight capacity.
It comes in three sizes: A, B, and C. I prefer size C as this is ideal for huge individuals, which implies it’s higher, broader, and even more spacious. It has 28.25″ of space for more wiggle room than you will possibly require, and 18.5″ of depth to ensure enough ventilation of the lower extremities.
The only reason this chair features in my top ten ergonomic chairs for obese people, however, is that it delivers unmatched ergonomic help.
The PostureFit SL technology allows you to sit in a perfect position. The curved back imitates the curvature of the human spine and shifts with you to match every seating spot.
The lumbar support pads are completely flexible so that you can confirm them to your body type and help to stabilize the spine. It’s also completely flexible in about every possible way: height, width, you name it.
The greatest feature of this chair is the breathable back and suspension seat. The breathable mesh material back encourages air movement across the body, helping to keep you comfortable.
This is particularly significant for bigger individuals as they seem to absorb more body heat.
- X Large and wider design
- Backrest is high and straight for great head support; Flexible seat back with adjustment
- 360-degree swivel base with smooth 3" double caster wheels, for easy rolling
- 90° 4D adjustment armrests, rocking function, Wide aluminum base with the latest footrests
- Lifetime warranty on frame, 24-month warranty on parts
Today’s DXR chair, the King/Valkyrie Series is great for folks who want a chair that is slimmer than traditional big and tall but big and tall enough to put them in. Keep in mind that this is best for heavier individuals, but not everyone needs this much capacity.
For those who value comfort and quality, this could be the ideal option. For folks who are above average height and weight, this chair can handle 275 lbs of weight. Anyone between 5’11 & 6’2 and 190 & 250 lbs will really enjoy this chair.
Apart from that, this DXRacer chair has everything you would anticipate from a DXRacer, including 4d armrests, ergonomic fit, and a spine-stabilizing construction that will keep you in position for hours on end.
Another thing I love about this specific chair: it’s very cheap, particularly when you consider the MSRP of the first two choices above. The quality of the construction is really good, and the chair looks substantial without becoming too bulky or too hard to move, unlike the tank series above.
Apart from these details, you also need to admire the attention to detail that DXRacer has placed in these seats. The seats in these chairs are just as luxurious as the ones you would expect from a Ferrari or Lamborghini.
Overall, this might be the ultimate gaming chair for a bigger-than-normal gamer who needs something a little slimmer than the Tank Series chair above.
Best Office Chair For Overweight Person
Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair with Lumbar Support and Rollerblade Wheels
- ★ MORE ADJUSTABLE THEN ANY OTHER CHAIR IN ITS CLASS — Unlike the office chairs sold by our competitors, which allow you to either fully recline or sit upright, we have a SECOND adjustment lever that allows you to lock in your desired recline angle at ANY degree. That way, you can be assured of finding the perfect comfortable seating position just for you.
- ★ BREATHABLE MESH - The breathable mesh back on this ergonomic office chair provides support while keeping your back cool and comfortable. Cool air circulates through the mesh keeping your back sweat-free and allowing you to sit in the chair comfortably for longer periods of time compared to traditional chairs
- ★ FULLY ADJUSTABLE BACK SUPPORT - Having back issues or don’t want to develop them? Our unique office chair includes adjustable lumbar support that goes in and out, up and down, and a recline feature that allows you to tilt the backrest back or sit straight. Now you can quickly find a position that makes your back feel the most comfortable!
- ★ EASY TO INSTALL - Simple instructions enable anyone to put this executive chair together in eight simple steps! Then once built you’ll be able to adjust the chair to your individual needs. The chair’s pneumatic controls will let you raise or lower the seat and tilt back the backrest or sit straight up. You can easily find the ergonomic position that will allow you to work comfortably for long periods of time
- ★ HIGHEST QUALITY WITH 5-YEAR WARRANTY - This adjustable task chair is made to last. It has a weight capacity of 330 LBS and is made from the highest quality materials, including a soft cushion seat, sturdy arm and head rests and rollerblade caster wheels that allow you to move easily across the office floor. Get your office chair – and boost your work comfort! Your purchase will be backed by a 100% money-back guarantee. Try this chair for 90 days - if you don't love it, you can return it
This specific deal from Duramont is a decent one, but not a great one. The cushioning used for the seat is only good for large and tall people, and while the comfort is just good for what you pay for, I will personally opt for one that feels more ergonomic and sturdy, particularly when it comes to the arm and headrests.
Although the seat frame feels sturdy and well-built, the armrests sound like they were bonded to Elmer’s glue. Initially, as you put this chair together, the armrests sound good, but when time goes by, they start wiggling about, and I wouldn’t be shocked if they finally split. You might say the same thing for the headrests.
I think the price is a little too expensive for what you get. Apart from the rollerblade casters that make it very simple to maneuver about, this chair doesn’t have any other redeeming qualities.
- SMOOTH ROLLING: Multi-surface casters make it easy to move around
- SIT LIKE AN EXECUTIVE: Enjoy the most comfortable seat in the office with the Serta Big and Tall Smart Layers Executive Office Chair
- PLUSH COMFORT: Designed with premium Serta Ultra Smart Layers Foam, ComfortCoils, layered body pillows, and supple bonded leather
- ERGONOMIC SUPPORT: Adjustable settings for a comfortable adjustable seating position and an elevated headrest to support the neck
- BIG AND TALL: Supports up to 350 pounds with heavy duty components that exceed BIFMA standards. Designed to help alleviate strain and discomfort
This Serta Big & Tall office chair is going to get our vote for the best executive chair. It was developed by a mattress manufacturer, with comfort and ergonomics as a focus.
Unlike identical chairs on the market, this one has an expanded headrest, as well as deeply inlaid body pillows for neck and body support. The upholstered arms are handmade, and the ultra foam layers covering the individually pocketed coils offer an unparalleled seating experience.
The 360° dual caster wheels make it possible to roll over different surfaces. Thanks to its extremely flexible positioning, elevated headrest, and deeply inlaid body pillows, this chair has superior ergonomic performance during the day.
Flash Furniture HERCULES Series Big & Tall Executive Ergonomic Office Chair with Ratchet Back
- It can be difficult to find a comfortable chair for bigger and taller body types but this chair is just the ticket. This ergonomic executive office chair has multiple adjustment features and is designed for multiple users.
- [_Our chair conforms to ANSI/BIFMA standard X5.1-17_] High back design with ventilated mesh back, adjustable lumbar support and contoured back and seat padded with CAL 117 fire retardant foam
- Tilt Lock Mechanism rocks/tilts the chair and locks in an upright position, Tilt Tension Adjustment Knob adjusts the chair's backward tilt resistance, back adjusts 3 up and down
- Contemporary 24/7 multi-shift use office chair
- PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS: Overall Size: 32"W x 29"D x 38.5-45.5"H; Seat Size: 25.5"W x 22"D x 18-22"H; Back Size: 23"W x 22-25"H; Arm Size: 25.75-33"H from floor; 6-9.25"H from seat
The Flash Furniture HERCULES Series Big and Tall Chair comes with a weight of 500 lbs and a seat width of 22.5″ Contemporary style, soft padding, all-black PU leather upholstery looks like a regular office chair.
Besides, it comes with an extra-high back and height-adjustable headrest appropriate for the highest consumer and a 3″ foam padded seat that stays comfortable even after a long time of usage.
The seat size is 22″W x 20.5″ D and the height is 21.5 – 24″H. It’s really powerfully made with 18 Gauge Steel frames and a Black Finish. It provides a broader seat and back width, which relieves pain in the lower back, and the headrest removes the weight from the neck when leaning back.
With the support of the cascade, the lower leg weight is extracted from the front seat edge and the chair rotates 360 degrees.
Best Gaming Chair For Overweight Person
- ➤ULTIMATE GAMING CHAIR: andaseaT is a leading PC gaming chair manufacturer for pro gamers. All our computer gaming chairs are designed, built and tested by multiple gaming expert teams to ensure the best quality. Recommended Maximum Height: 6’10” / 210cm. Maximum Weight Capacity: 440lbs / 200kgs.
- ➤ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Luxurious racing chair that contours to your shape with thicker high-density one piece 60kg/m³ foam. The removable large sized ‘H shaped’ headrest pillow and lumbar cushion provides spine and neck support. Offering a truly comfortable seated position even after long hours of gaming or work.
- ➤FULLY ADJUSTABLE: Adapt your gaming desk chair to suit you with 4D Armrests, offering optimum comfort by supporting the forearm to relieve wrist pressure and muscle strain. The reclining office chair tilts 90~160 degree with angle lock at 5 different positions. Adjust the height with high performance Class 4 Hydraulic Nitrogen Pistons.
- ➤PREMIUM PVC LEATHER➤ Smooth bonded PVC leather computer desk chair. The high-end quality of material was designed and made with the total comfort of human-kind in mind. Not only it is easy to clean, but also much stronger to keep the shape to last. ANDASEAT produce perfect gaming chairs for kids or adults.
- ➤LIFETIME FRAMEWORK WARRANTY: Precision manufactured high quality 22mm diameter steel frame is covered with a lifetime warranty. Only the best 2mm thick seamless steal is produced to ensure your computer chair will last the course of time. The aluminium 5-point base provides extra stability and strength, supported by 60mm silent and smooth movement wheels, suitable for all surfaces.
The Anda Seat Big and Tall may be the cheapest, but it’s built to last and support the heaviest users, making it ideal for those who want to be long-term gamers.
However, Anda Seat says that this chair doesn’t suit everyone- the chair’s height range is between 5’9″ and 6’9″ and under four hundred and a forty-something pounds. What do you think of that for “honest” marketing?
There is not a more sturdy, more well-cushioned, or more comfortable gaming chair for you if you fit this description. Even though I’m only 5’8″, I was amazed by how large and fluffy the chair was.
The Dark Kaiser and the Dark Wizard are available. It is dependent on your preference for colors which one you should select. Some of the reviews from people who have purchased this chair say that you might assume that they work for the firm.
A 300-pound person stated that this is the most comfortable chair he’s ever used.” Another 6’2″ and 315 lbs customer claims the chair is so robust that he thinks he can ride it down a flight of stairs without issues.
These various elements all contribute to the chair’s greater cost. The chair frame consists of oversized metal bars which push the total weight of the chair to more than 73 pounds.
The upholstery is constructed of PVC leather combined with carbon fiber, which is practically torn resistant. Also, to better hold up to heavy loads, the seat foam is provided with a layer of pricey cold foam that is as comfortable as memory foam.
Two features that pleased me so much about Anda Seat Big and Tall were the warmth of the outer pillows, plus the flexibility of the tilting and reclining mechanism.
Dispute of being a wide chair, rolling or reclining the backrest all the way back to 160 degrees is effortless, unlike certain large and tall gaming chairs where I felt like I was moving a log. I’m pleasantly surprised to know that the lumbar pillows feel more flexible, just as I had expected.
- The most comfortable chair - Upgrade your gaming experience with this ergonomically designed Racing gaming chair. The updated version features memory foam padding on top of the existing seat Cushion and lumbar pillow. The rocking high Back and the wide armrests will hug every curve of your body and provide you with unbelievable comfort. The high backrest with detachable padded headrest and lumbar cushions will also support your neck and spine, so that you won't have a “computer hunch”
- Extra large for extra comfort- This Grand gaming chair is exceptionally large, and this is part of its charm and style. The Overall dimensions of the computer chair are 28. 6" X 25. 4"X 51. 1"- 53. 5" Inches. The seating area is 21. 7" X 20. 5" Inches, and the high backrest is 23. 2" X 33. 5" Inches large. This racing style chair will look great behind your office desk and in front of your computer and consoles, and you’ll look like a boss
- Every part is adjustable - you can adjust every single part of the racing style gaming chair to Perfectly fit the Type and Height of your body. More specifically, you can adjust the Height of the office chair, The tilt of the backrest, The Back pressure and the armrests. The armrests can be adjusted to 3 dimensions, up and Down, forth and Back, and right and left. All of these practical mechanisms are very easy to control and readjust
- High-security- integrated metal frame, explosion-proof gas Spring of international standards, heavy duty Metal gaming chair base with smooth-rolling castors make a superb stable structure. (Maximum weight capacity: 400lbs)
- Excellent after-sales service - We have updated the install video on YouTube, you can search "8212 killabee gaming chair" On. 1 year on parts. Any dissatisfaction with our products or service, Please feel free to Contact us
so let’s just note that no tall guy is the same; that’s when the modifications come in handy, and the KILLABEE 400 lbs chair has a lot to give. Gaming chairs don’t come out of the custom box designed to suit you.
The more you sprint on your knee, armrests, seat height changes, the better fit. The best gaming chairs for the big guys are required to be stable.
You may be sitting it even though you’re only 5’10.” However, just the guys above 6 feet 2 can appreciate the true warmth of the KILLABEE seats. That’s pretty much the height that allows you large enough for all the comfort paddings and adjustability ranges of the chair.
The big kicker is how much game chair bang you get with KILLABEE with your buck. You will get more than 56 pounds of a comfortable chair for less than $300.
Best Living Room Chair For Overweight Person
- Covered in dark brown premium textured plush (champion) microfiber
- Lever action reclining mechanism Gliding motion when not recline. Weight capacity - 300lbs
- Oversized arms, seats and backs upholstered in soft fabric for extra support and comfort
- Measures 43" x 40" x 40"H; Easy seat back assembly is required. Seat Width: 18 inch, Seat Depth: 23 inch, Seat Height: 20 inch, Arm height: 27 inch
- Matching sofa (9636-3) and love seat with console (9636-2) are also available; Other cover option: Charcoal Gray fabric cover (search 9636CC-1)
Homelegance is a company that we’re really acquainted with, and it’s proven to produce some truly awesome stuff. As far as this Laurelton model is concerned, there is no exception; it is really a marvel to sit in and feel like paradise on earth.
Given all that, the only downside you might maybe have with the chair is that it’s made of microfiber rather than leather. A lot of people will think this a matter and keep on to something that seems more premium.
It just boils down to whatever you want to do. If you’re a huge guy you’re not supposed to have any questions about this recliner.
- Heavy Duty all steel reclining/lift mechanism
- Whisper Power motors recline and lift system
- Furniture grade laminated wood and some solid wood components; notched/glued/stapled for durability
- Storage Pockets on both outside arm panels
- Standard Heat & Massage, GrandComfort
Electric heavyweight recliners are wonderful if you need a helping hand. Although most of the heavy man who stays out there may have a degree of assistance, all-electric recliners are known to be more advanced. No wonder, professional guys prefer it.
If you’ve opted to go with reliability, these fat people’s recliners can make you feel at ease. The super motion heavy-duty power lift recliner is one of those chairs that outshines several of the other recliners for a big guy
It features a superb remote-controlled recliner system that moves effortlessly through movements as it’s modified to get to your most comfortable position.
The fabric upholstery has a few cool color choices to add taste to your interior. The seat is available in fawn, brandy, naval, chocolate and sage. Just pick the color that better suits you.
This piece of furniture comes with an easy-to-clean micro-sweet chair padding that makes it one of the easy-to-clean recliners for mighty people. The frame is made of hardwood and a steel lifting device. This renders it more than capable of carrying weights. It will carry weights of up to 325 lbs.
Emergency battery backup means that you can continue to enjoy the seat even while off-grid. So, your mates who have mobility disabilities or are injured need not be afraid to go out.
Best Computer Chair For Overweight Person
Flash Furniture HERCULES Series Big & Tall Office Chair with Chrome Base and Adjustable Arms
- If standard office chairs donâ€t meet your specific needs, this Big & Tall adjustable office chair will save the day. Generous padding, LeatherSoft upholstery and ergonomic features give a custom fit that will get you comfortably through your workday.
- [_Our chair conforms to ANSI/BIFMA standard X5.1-17_] Mid back office chair with LeatherSoft upholstered back and seat with CAL 117 fire retardant foam
- Pneumatic adjustable height swivel seat and adjustable height padded arms for comfort
- Contemporary style Big & Tall ergonomic task office chair for use in the office or home workspace
- PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS: Overall Size: 29.25"W x 30"D x 39.5-44"H; Seat Size: 23"W x 19.5"D x 19.25-23"H; Back Size: 22.5"W x 22"H; Arm Size: 25.5-32.5"H from floor; 6-8.75"H from seat
This is one of the cheapest models in our ranking for those on the budget. Flash Furniture HERCULES Series Big & Tall Chair is very distinct from the previous one.
The strong metal foundation has been built to carry up to 500 lbs! Although with such an overweight person, this chair is solid and well balanced. It’s the highest weight potential I’ve ever seen! It’s certainly the best computer chair for overweight people.
The backrest rounded the lower section to protect the lumbar spine of the user. Besides, you can change the firmness of the assistance by turning a button. A 250-pound female wants a different amount of back firmness than a 400-pound man, so it’s a terrific feature.
You can hardly notice it at the lowest level, although it will be hard and really solid at the highest setting. I just wish the lumbar support was movable, but we just can’t complain at this price point.
Armrests are non-adjustable, so if you choose to get an armless chair, you should fold them up. It might not only be helpful while sitting at the desk, but the chair often takes up less room when not in operation (you can easily shove it under the desk).
Keep in mind that the arms are not flexible in height or width, some consumers moan about it. Other fantastic aspects include a wider seat and backrest – even big and heavy consumers (like 6’3″ and 420-450 lbs) find this chair spacious and comfortable.
Besides, it is coated with mesh to increase breathability (notice that you can choose mesh fabric or PU leather for a seat). I have to say one more thing: the front seat edge of the waterfall lowers the strain on the back of the thighs, increases blood supply and reduces the chance of numbness and cramping).
According to many Amazon users, this chair is large and spacious enough for big and tall individuals (above 5’10’). A lot of users admire its longevity and consistency. Adjustable lumbar support is one more innovation that consumers enjoy and provides rest through long sitting hours.
- Made of Metal, Mesh & Leather | Easy assembly required
- Chair dimensions – 25.63" D x 30.25" W x 42.88" H | Seat dimensions – 19” D x 22” W | Arm adjustment – 21” W x 3”-9” H | Back width – 23” | Weight capacity – 450 lbs. | Unit weight – 59 lbs. | Lumbar support fixed
- Give your neck and back a break; these adjustable-height and width arms move up and down, and toward and away from the body to adapt to your body
- Let this comfortable office chair take care of your body while you work with an easy, adjustable recline, customizable lower back support and pneumatic height adjustment
- Pull up to your computer desk, swivel around to collaborate with your teammate, or wheel over to the snack area for a quick break with this five-star resin base and 5 durable wheels
HON is a very familiar name when talking about office furniture. Their Wave Big and Tall Executive Mesh Office is perhaps one of the strongest offices for overweight people.
If you don’t have a spending constraint, you won’t miss purchasing this office chair at all. Not only does it have a mesh backrest for a supportive and breathable sitting experience, but it also has a sturdy and well-built frame for a long-lasting finish.
The mesh seat back has additional cushioning on the back and seat for added protection and comfort. It keeps your body calm and relaxed, helping you to focus on your job without any problems.
Just like any other ergonomic office chair, also this one has flexible settings. It will enable you to change the height of the chair and to recline it for easy adjustment of the back. The adjustable lower back support for this chair is a bonus.
The armrests on this chair often have adjustable height options. It helps you to rest your elbows and ease the stress across your shoulders. It has five-leg support on the bottom with adjustable wheels that enable you to rotate across the office without any problems.
The five-star resin foundation with sturdy wheels bears the weight of heavy people with ease. Unlike many other office chairs for heavy and tall individuals, this one has a high rise back. It offers a relaxed sitting experience and helps you to alleviate unnecessary muscle stress.
As with the warranties on this package, you can have 5 years of extended warranty on this product. If something goes wrong with it, you can easily have the damage repaired. It’s quite a versatile option that fits straight into an office or even a popular area.