You have a dog or a kitten?
There’s a strong possibility that they love to sleep on the sofa, even if you’ve managed to get them to stay away from the furniture.
Luckily, the best couch slipcovers for dogs are durable and even waterproof materials that protect your sofa from hair, accidents, and bumps, so you can let your pet chill out on the sofa without worrying about any damage.
Furthermore, most sofa coverings are machine-washable and suit your couch in several sizes.
No matter what kind of sofa you’ve got, these are the best couch covers for dogs to keep your couch safe from your little buddy.
No have enough time “No Problem“
Here is a list of Top 3 best couch slipcovers for dogs
- Best overall: Sofa Shield Original Reversible Large Sofa Protector
- Best Budget: Mambe 100% Waterproof Furniture Cover for Pets
- Best Runners up: Deluxe Original Reversible Pet Couch Cover
- Why Use couch slipcovers for dogs?
- What are the best couch slipcovers for dogs?
- 1. Sofa Shield Original Reversible Large Sofa Protector
- 2. Mambe 100% Waterproof Furniture Cover for Pets
- 3. Deluxe Original Reversible Pet Couch Cover
- 4. Chiara Rose Couch Covers for Dogs
- 5. CELINE LINEN Reversible Quilted Furniture Protector
- 6. CALA Chair Sofa Slipcovers, Reversible Couch Slipcover
- 7. Flamingo waterproof pet furniture covers
- 8. Turquoize Sofa Slipcovers Reversible Quilted Furniture Protector
- 9. Pawsse Waterproof Pet Blanket
- 10. PETMAKER Waterproof Pet Cover for Dogs and Cats with Bolster
- 11. Easy-Going Sofa Slipcover Reversible Sofa Cover
- 12. Waterproof Couch Cover Non-Slip Sofa Cover for 3 Cushion Couch
- 13. Gorilla Grip Original Pet Hair Resistant Couch Cover
- 14. Velvet Sofa Slipcover for Dogs Cats
- 15. Plastic Recliner Armchair Cover For Dogs and Other Pets
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Use couch slipcovers for dogs?
Couch covers are a smart choice for dogs, so you don’t need a disruptive dog to take advantage of safe pet couch covers.
Here are a few of the most important benefits of using a couch cover:
Covers keep the sofa clean
Look, as much as we enjoy them, dogs are dirty little creatures.
You don’t want the dog to rub drool in the cushions or step off the sofa with dirty paws (paw washers can help, but sometimes you’re bound to lose those toes).
You don’t want the small food crumbs to get through the holes and cracks, or the odd pee droplet to get into the cloth.
Couch covers offer a kind of protection from all this stuff.
Protection from dog nails
Couch covers protect the couch from the nails of your puppy.
This is probably the most important reason to use a couch cover, particularly if your couch is made of leather or similar material.
Yeah, you can keep your dog’s nails clipped, but that’s not going to cover your sofa.
There are also specific styles of dog-proof furniture intended to stand up against dogs better than standard materials,
but if you already have a favorite sofa, a cover might be a superior choice.
Couch covers help protect the furniture from shed hair.
No, none of the covers won’t shield your sofa from any of your puppies’ hair, since this isn’t what any of them are intended to do,
but they can help to a degree.
What are the best couch slipcovers for dogs?
1. Sofa Shield Original Reversible Large Sofa Protector
One of the most trusted brands when it comes to pet furniture covers is the Original Sofa Shield
which includes a range of useful features that can ease the task of protecting the credibility of one’s furniture, including sofas, seats, recliners, lounge chairs, and even futons.
Crafted with an exquisite quilted look, the fabric used in the manufacture of the Sofa Shield brings a different dimension to your living room or to every room where your furniture is housed.
Each slipcover is built to be completely removable so that you can adjust the look of your furniture with relative ease.
Sofa Shield is not waterproof, so it’s wise to keep that in mind.
Sofa Shield claims that they purposefully did not make the cloth waterproof because of the possibility that the liquids might roll off the top of the dog’s furniture cover and onto the concrete.
However, it can tolerate minor drops from time to time.
If Sofa Shield claims it’s not waterproof, it doesn’t mean that it can no longer protect the furniture from other surface pollutants such as pet hair, food particles, and dirt and debris from daily occurrences.
Unfortunately, it cannot be seen on leather furniture. And with its 2-inch wide elastic band, the cover can also be moved about when used on leather surfaces.
- Perfect fitting on large sofa size.
- The fabric is a very fine weave microfiber and soft to the touch.
- Come in the perfect colors.
- Not Recommended for LEATHER
2. Mambe 100% Waterproof Furniture Cover for Pets
If you have a fluffy canine friend who’s making a real mess on your couch, love seat, recliner, or even your bed any day you’re not around,
so maybe it’s time to consider getting a very tough reinforcement of your furniture without losing the stylish look and feel of your furniture.
This is just what the Mambe Blanket Company and its Furniture Cover for Pets and People have to sell.
Unlike other dog couch covers, Mambe raised the ante with a 100% waterproof membrane between panels of superlight and soft, micro-fleece fabric.
This is not possible with furniture which can only be incorporated into its design.
But in truth, this isn’t the only thing pet parents love about the Mambe because they make pet friendly sofa covers.
While the concept theoretically involves 3 layers of fleece-membrane-fleece structure, the final product does not necessarily exhibit such complicated layering.
This is done by combining the three layers to create a new laminate fabric pattern.
What this means is that you’re never going to have to think about the middle waterproof membrane being crisp and lumpy.
Your Mambe will always look and sound like you purchased it on the first day.
- 100% Waterproof protection throughout your home.
- The Mambe can be washed at home fast and easy.
- It stays in place well.
- NEVER dry it on high heat or it will get ruined.
3. Deluxe Original Reversible Pet Couch Cover
Elaine Karen’s Deluxe Reversible Sofa Couch Protector comes with a variety of ratings.
Overall, many pet owners deem the consistency of their cloth to be reasonably appropriate.
Unfortunately, there are serious differences in its scale and several dog owners moaning about the exact fitness of their furniture.
Another question that people have with Elaine Karen is that the material slips along the furniture surface.
This may have something to do with the fact that it comes with a flexible elastic band instead of a fixed but adjustable strap.
However, it’s also a perfect choice for dog owners who want adequate security for their beds, loveseat and sofas while adding a different kind of aesthetics to their space.
Elaine Karen is available in 10 color options, allowing you the opportunity to select one that suits perfectly your current interior design.
Now that’s going to make you settle in favor of Elaine Karen.
- 2” thick adjustable elastic strap to help prevent sliding.
- Decorate the room while protecting your furniture.
- 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Not recommended for leather sofas.
- This item is water resistant, it is not waterproof.
4. Chiara Rose Couch Covers for Dogs
Stylish and cozy, the Chiara Rose pet furniture protector cover is the best pick for dog owners who want to protect their sofas and chairs without losing their aesthetics.
Soft, sleek and built without sofa arms, this slipcover is suitable for a wide variety of sofas and recliners, including leather sofa covers and all sorts of silk sofa covers.
Since it is made of 220 gsm polyester fabric, the cover is also very sturdy, which is often crucial when dealing with over-excited and naughty dogs.
Furthermore, due to the durable construction and the special finish, certain waterproof properties remain, but it should be said that the cover is not 100% waterproof.
- They are beautiful and comfortable and a great value.
- It is easily washable.
- You can’t even see the dog hair on it!
- Not true to color for the Chocolate Brown
- Not anti-slip on leather.
5. CELINE LINEN Reversible Quilted Furniture Protector
Attractive, durable and fairly priced,
Celine Linen’s pet sofa is a decent choice for those who want to protect their furniture from pet hair, scent and clutter.
Made of polyester, with a water repellent coating, this is one of the best dog couch covers because it provides a high degree of protection from multiple spills and messes.
Durable and built with sofa arms and a longer back, it protects all essential furniture pieces without turning about or sliding around.
As far as aesthetics is concerned, there are several colors available, but whichever you pick, the material feels smooth and relaxed.
- Longer over the back to stay in place better
- Easy to install on and off in flash
- Water repellent finish, Machine washable
- Fabric is nice and comfortable to sit on.
- Slippery on leather couch and does not stay in place well
6. CALA Chair Sofa Slipcovers, Reversible Couch Slipcover
These are utilitarian-looking yet fluffy pad-style furniture covers.
The fabric feels a little cheap, but it’s holding up well. Although the elastic bands are a little unsightly,
they do help the pads stay oriented in the middle of the chair or couch, but they appear to fall and curl up a little.
They’re cleaning well.
- Reversible colors
- 2″ thick adjustable elastic strap
- Machine washable
- Many sizes
- Not waterproof
- Slides out of place easily
7. Flamingo waterproof pet furniture covers
The fact is, just about every slipcover would have to be readjusted regularly, particularly if your pets are on it.
This pad-style slipcover uses a non-skid backrest vs. straps to keep it in place.
Although this does not fit well for smooth surfaces such as leather or other microfiber fabrics, it is simpler to bring it back in place without needing to wrangle belts and clasps.
We want this one to be durable with a TPU film of waterproof insulation on the bottom layer.
- Non-skid backing
- Machine washable
- Slips out of place easily
8. Turquoize Sofa Slipcovers Reversible Quilted Furniture Protector
This cover comes in a lot of nice colors but slips around quickly and the seams and straps are very fragile so that it can be easily torn or damaged.
We were not impressed by the workmanship or materials in this furniture shield, and the elastic straps do not complement the color of the cover.
After one wash, it does not repel water.
- Hypoallergenic material
- Machine washable
- Scotch guard protected
- Not waterproof
- Moves around easily
- Straps are not securely sewn onto the cover
9. Pawsse Waterproof Pet Blanket
This is a high-quality product to cover your bed or other flat surfaces where your four-legged family members can want to sit and sleep, providing a bit more protection than just a blanket.
Unfortunately, this would not cover the whole king-size bed, so it does not shield the edges of your bedding and mattress.
The summary of the product lists it as machine washable, but the product itself has instructions for hand wash only.
It does stay well in the wash, but we’re worried that the water-resistant properties will be compromised.
- Soft and comfortable
- Hand wash only
- Moves around easily
10. PETMAKER Waterproof Pet Cover for Dogs and Cats with Bolster
We love the fluffy micro fleece fabric in this pet bolster cover, but it has some flaws.
It’s got a non-skid bottom material, but it’s always going to slip off something smooth like leather.
The bolster is loaded with polyurethane foam chunks that would need to be flushed regularly to prevent it from becoming lumpy.
This cannot be washed by a machine.
- Soft plush fabric
- Non-skid bottom
- Spot clean only
- Slips off easily
- For small to medium size pets only
11. Easy-Going Sofa Slipcover Reversible Sofa Cover
Not only is this dual-sided pet sofa cover inexpensive, but it’s also available in 21 reversible color styles so there’s sure to be one that complements your furniture.
Made of quilted, lightweight microfiber, the dense sofa cover protects the couch from claws, pet fur, and other messes.
The sofa cover is secured in place due to the elastic bands and foam pipes that are tucked into the sofa cushions.
It’s machine-washable for quick maintenance and comes in three sizes.
12. Waterproof Couch Cover Non-Slip Sofa Cover for 3 Cushion Couch
If you want to secure your couch from spills and pet injuries, it’s worth investing a little extra on this durable sofa cover.
The quilted false suede cover has a protective coating and the cover itself is precisely shaped to prevent liquids from escaping around the corners.
To secure the cover in place, there’s a non-slip back, elastic straps, and foam pipes that tuck into the couch cushions.
The machine-washable cover comes in 11 colors, including grey, brown and peacock blue, and is available in standard and extra-large sizes.
13. Gorilla Grip Original Pet Hair Resistant Couch Cover
If you want a softer alternative, you can snuggle up, this velvet pet couch cover is just a ticket.
The cover prevents liquid (though not waterproof) and covers your sofa from pet fur and other messes.
It is available in standard and extra-large sizes and has thick, durable braces and a non-slip backrest to hold it in place.
The cover is machine-washable and comes in seven colors, including chocolate, merlot, and charcoal.
14. Velvet Sofa Slipcover for Dogs Cats
This best couch covers for sectionals is sold piece by piece, so you can pick just the size you need to match your couch and protect it from pet fur and stains.
The covers are made of soft velvet fabric with a quilted pattern, and each piece has a non-slip backrest to help hold it in place.
They’re not water-resistant, so they’re dense to prevent the moisture from leaking easily.
The machine-washable covers come in six colors, including beige, brown, and various shades of grey.
15. Plastic Recliner Armchair Cover For Dogs and Other Pets
This isn’t plastic furniture covers for your grandma.
Sizes are tricky for these, and the seams are weak and can be quickly separated.
Though plastic is very thick, it can still be ripped by a dog’s paw or even a quite determined cat.
Measure carefully as these match and look decent only on very particular chair sizes.
In the case that your pet urinates in the seat of the chair that is enclosed, it would be difficult to clean and the urine will leak through the seams.
- Completely covers furniture
- Upholstery still visible through a clear plastic
- Stops scratching and urinating
- Difficult to clean
- Uncomfortable to sit on
- Quality control issues
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop my dog from scratching the couch?
It could take time to teach your dog new rules. Be careful and give dogs a real option.
In the meantime, here are five tips to keep your furniture secure and build a dog-proof couch:
1. Put dog fences, including Carlson’s Walk-Thru Dog Doors, to keep the puppies from entering the affected area.
2. Place the nub-side-up plastic carpet runner on the cushion.
3. Using a pet tape, such as a SmartyKat scratch tape, not a pillow tape
4. Invest in a commercial pet repellent substance, such as PetSafe’s SSScat dissuasive spray, to keep dogs away from the furniture.
5. Purchase sofa covers or use a sheet or dog blanket.
Why do dogs scratch the couch before lying down?
Bed-scratching may be defensive activity. Dogs are instinctively motivated to mark up their territories. You may be aware that dogs urinate on objects and say that they are their own, but that unpleasant action is not the only way to get the job done. Dogs have glands in their paws that leave a recognizable smell on their bedding or other items if they itch. You can only see a tattered rug, but your dog can see and scent the room he’s made his own.
What is the best furniture fabric for dogs?
The best fabric, whether you’ve got a dog or a cat, is microfiber. Often known as micro suede, this synthetic composite is a fantasy for pet lovers. It’s easy to scrub, hard to scrape or tear, and it’s going to last a long time.
What fabric repels dog hair the best?
Microfiber and silk are the best fabrics to repel dog hairs. Some microfibers, like those with a tight weave, prevent loose hair from adhering to the fabric. while silk will help repel dog fur, a silk blend probably will be a more affordable and longer-lasting option.
What color shows dog hair the least?
Stick to neutral colors that are similar to the same hue as your dog’s fur such that the color of the fabric serves to hide the fabrics. Stop dark colors like black, brown, and dark blue, as these colors will most show white dog fur.