Want to save your sofas or couches?
We suggest investing in the best couch covers for cats to defend against fetish felines.
The covers won’t strip the comfort out of your sofa, but they’re built to make sure your couch has a long life amid your cat’s antics.
Many of the covers tested are sure to keep your sofa protected from your cat and its paws!
No have enough time “No Problem“
Here is a list of Top 3 best slipcovers for cat owners
- Best overall: LAMINET Thick Crystal Clear Heavy-Duty Water Resistant Sofa/Couch Cover
- Best Budget: Cat Scratching Protector Clawing Deterrent
- Best Runners up: Reversible Sofa Slipcover Quilted Furniture Protector
- How to Choose Best Slipcovers for Cats
- What are the best slipcovers for cat owners?
- LAMINET Thick Crystal Clear Heavy-Duty Water Resistant Sofa/Couch Cover
- Cat Scratching Protector Clawing Deterrent
- Reversible Sofa Slipcover Quilted Furniture Protector
- Sofa Shield Original Patent Pending Reversible Large Sofa Protector
- Stelucca Amazing Shields Furniture Protectors from Cats
- Mambe 100% Waterproof Furniture Cover for Pets
- Gorilla Grip Original Slip Resistant Large Sofa Protector
- RHF Reversible Sofa Cover, Couch Covers for 3 Cushion Couch
- Rose Home Fashion Stretch Couch Covers for 3 Cushion Couch
- Mambe 100% Waterproof Furniture Cover for Pets
- TEWENE Sofa Cover, Velvet Couch Cover
- Argstar Reversible Loveseat Slip Cover
- TEWENE Sectional Couch Covers Anti-Fading Sofa Slipcover for Dogs Cats
- Turquoize Reversible Sofa Protector Pet Furniture Protector
- Ameritex Loveseat Cover Waterproof Stay in Place
- Nonslip Washable Furniture Protector Antidust Loveseat Cover for Pets
- Kenley Pet Sofa Couch Cover - Pet Proof Furniture Protector from Cats & Dogs
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Choose Best Slipcovers for Cats
A cat sofa cover can be a lifesaver to make it easy for cats to remove their fur. It will help to protect and conserve your furniture.
As there are different designs and choices to consider when searching for a new cover, it is crucial that you explore all of your options and think about what you are looking for in the cover you chose.
If you have a cat who likes to scratch the corners of the sides of your sofa, you might need to look for a sofa cover that allows you extra coverage. There are a few choices that are more like a slipcover. These sofa covers would protect the whole couch, including the back and sides, so they can be a better choice if you have a kitty that wants to use the furniture as a scratching post.
The next thing you’ll want to pay attention to is the sizes that are available for the covers you’re looking at. Be sure to look at the size guides to test the sofa and make sure it fits properly.
It is also necessary to pick a product with the right material. Look for one that’s going to be soft and cozy, so you’ll still be able to relax in the comfort of your couch. You will also want to search for a cover that is waterproof, or at least water resistant, since it can have additional protection from spills and wet pet messes.
Always make sure to pick a product that is available in colors that fit your house. Look for a cat sofa cover that suits your couch and looks like it’s where it is.
Finally, because cats and dogs shed and do a lot of messes, it would be necessary to find a cover that is easy to clean. If possible, try to find a product that can be cleaned in the washing machine and dried in the dryer, since this would make it much easier to clean.
What are the best slipcovers for cat owners?
LAMINET Thick Crystal Clear Heavy-Duty Water Resistant Sofa/Couch Cover
Best cat proof couch
The LAMINET sofa/couch cover has most of its benefits in its own name.
It’s waterproof, meaning it can protect against daily water leaks as well as any pet incidents.
It is also strong and can withstand a great deal of punishment while also protecting the furniture!.
The design of the couch protector can be customized to fit a particular couch or can be ordered in regular size to fit the regular couch.
It also makes it a cinch to clean with the clear vinyl style, although it is clean with a moist fabric!
- Fit most of the armchairs and sofas
- Lightweight architecture is also robust enough to take care of cat stains.
- The simple design allows the natural charm of your couches to always be seen
- The “one size fits all designs” can mean that it’s not the best match for your sofa.
- Vinyl construction can not suit seamlessly with your favorite aesthetic and can get very loud
Cat Scratching Protector Clawing Deterrent
Best pet proof couch cover
Another transparent plastic style that lets you show off your furniture while also saving it from the mood of your cat, this couch cover is pretty much a claw proof!
Heat binding along all the seams makes it highly resistant to wear and tear and, like the previous entry, the plastic construction is waterproof and simple to clean.
While both this entry and the previous alternative may not be the prettiest alternatives available today, their easy-to-use styles ensure that they can be quickly folded and packed when you’ve got company over!
- This cover is waterproof, scratch-resistant, tear-resistant, and quick to clean from dry and wet spills!
- This sofa cover has carved arms to help blend into the dips in your cushion.
- Although this cover is waterproof, you can note some discoloration in the cover if cat messes persist for long periods of time and smells may linger.
- This couch cover does not suit a few more specific couches due to the extra-adaptive design
Reversible Sofa Slipcover Quilted Furniture Protector
Best couch cover for cat hair
The H.VERSAILTEX couch cover is more of a balance between several entries on this list.
it’s fitted to the sofa so it’s not likely to fall off.
At the same time, though, it’s an elegant style that doesn’t look out of place on your sofa, no matter who comes to call!
The H.VERSAILTEX cover also features an industrial “no-slip” liner to hold the cover tightly in place, no matter how irritated or excited your cat might get when you’re away from home!
- The basic, attractive design is still tough enough to defend your couch from scratching cats while still flattering your furniture and the overall look of your room!
- The dense, durable material protects against animal injuries and food leaks, all while feeling like your sofa is wearing a raincoat.
- Although this heavy-duty cover defends against your cat’s scratches due to its weight and rugged structure, it is not expressly built to keep cats from scratching, the way previous solutions are.
- The cover is waterproof, so if the cat is left to soak for a long time, the cover can rust, and the sofa underneath may have a mild discoloration.
Sofa Shield Original Patent Pending Reversible Large Sofa Protector
Best couch guard furniture protector
You’re going to be able to cuddle up and get comfortable on your sofa with this cover.
This cover features a high thread count to make it feel soft and relaxed.
It also has a rich and plump filling that tends to provide more padding to your furniture.
This sofa cover is going to remain in place way more than several other choices you may have come across.
It has a two-inch thick band that stops the cover from moving off.
The harness can be changed to ensure that the cover remains where you like it and does its work.
When you pick this piece, you will be able to complement or fit perfectly with just about every sofa in your house.
There are 24 different two-sided color combos that allow you to choose the perfect look for your house.
Any of the color variations are chocolate and beige, diamond and charcoal, black and gray paw, purple and light gray, and burgundy and tan.
The producers of this sofa cover stand by their label.
They give a lifetime warranty without any questions.
If you have any problems with the cover, please email them.
- There are 24 different color variations that will allow you to fit your sofa and home décor.
- The two-inch strap is designed to keep the cover from slipping around.
- The producer is giving a lifetime warranty on this product
- This cover does not cover all the sides of the couch, so it does not have adequate protection if your cat likes to scratch the furniture.
Stelucca Amazing Shields Furniture Protectors from Cats
Best couch corner protectors for cats
If your dog or cat wants to itch the sides or arms of your couch, you might be involved in this one.
This cover is a special shield that you should put over parts of your couch to keep your cat from scratching it.
The shields are transparent, so they’re going to blend in with your sofa; you’re not even going to know they’re there.
All you need to do is peel off the self-adhesive pad on the shield to use this tool.
Then, just put the shield on your sofa portion that you’d like to cover.
You can protect it further by using the twist pins that are provided if you prefer.
Each shield is wide, 17 inches by 12 inches, so it can cover a large portion of your sofa.
You can choose from a selection of four shields or six shields.
Each shield is thick and provides the protection you need to keep your cat from harming your sofa.
They’re even adjustable, meaning you can bend your shield around the corners of your sofa.
The producer of this commodity gives a 100% guarantee of fulfillment.
So, if you’re not happy with your order, you’re going to be entitled to offer a full refund.
- Each shield is thick, but it can fold around the corners of your sofa.
- The shields are transparent, so they’re going to blend in with your sofa.
- The producer of this commodity gives a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Depending on the style of cloth on your sofa, you can have some difficulties keeping this product trapped.
Mambe 100% Waterproof Furniture Cover for Pets
Best waterproof pet furniture covers
The Mambe Waterproof Sofa Cover might not be as fit as the first two choices on this list.
But it’s still a durable, heavy-weight couch cover that covers your furniture from pets and people alike!
Both sides of this reversible throw are microfleece, but the protective membrane between the two fabrics prevents liquids from staining the cushion.
This tough middle layer is the very thing that stops cats from scratching every part of the sofa that it occupies.
It’s thick enough to bear up to the cat and dog bites without sounding harsh and crisp!
- Unlike some of the other choices on this list, the Mambe blanket is as sweet as it is practical, so you won’t have to think about taking off all the furniture until your friends come over!
- In addition to avoiding scratches, the highly absorbent material makes this blanket a perfect alternative for cats that might have trouble with potty-training!
- Unfortunately, for heavy shedders, the highly absorbent nature of the blanket ensures that cat fur, once trapped in the microfleece cloth, can be incredibly difficult to get out, even with frequent washes.
Gorilla Grip Original Slip Resistant Large Sofa Protector
Best pet hair resistant couch cover
The Gorilla Grip Original couch cover, is another attractive sofa cover that also maintains a firm grip on your furniture and is heavy enough to protect against any tugging by your pets.
The fit is balanced by a set of belts that keep the cover tightly in place so that one style suits all the sofas!.
Given its rugged nature, the Gorilla Grip couch cover is wrapped in a super soft suede fabric that makes it a perfect alternative for both humans and pets!
- The flexible shape means that this couch cover will suit just about any couch, without falling off or offering a bad fit!
- Gorilla Grip provides a 10-year warranty for all their items, so if you’re not 100% happy with your couch cover, it’s easy to get in contact with someone who can help you choose the cover you want!
- This couch cover is something like a fixed cover—other consumers have noticed that the same no-slip grip that makes this cover so perfect can be applied to the couch below until it is properly washed and preserved.
RHF Reversible Sofa Cover, Couch Covers for 3 Cushion Couch
Best leather furniture protection cover from cats
Protect your furniture with the RHF Reversible Pet Couch Cover from your cats.
This sofa cover features an elastic band that stops it from sliding around on your sofa, although it is not recommended to use it on a leather sofa.
This is an elegant, reversible cover that adds style and fashion to your space.
The cover goes over the seat, back, and arms of your sofa to keep them tidy and to save them from shedding and pet messes.
There are nine different two-sided alternatives to choose from.
Color variations include marine, black, chocolate, heavy tan, gray, hunter green, light taupe, merlot and seafoam.
If you need to clean this cover, it can be cleaned in a cold-water environment in a washing machine.
It can also be used in the dryer at low heat.
- There are nine different color choices to help you complement the decor of your room.
- The cover is reversible, so if you like, you can change the look of your room.
- You should clean the cover in the washing machine and dry it in the dryer.
- It is not a waterproof cover, so it won’t shield the sofa from spills or wet messes.
Rose Home Fashion Stretch Couch Covers for 3 Cushion Couch
Best couch cover for cat scratching
With this one, you can cover your whole sofa.
Although certain pet covers only cover the cushions and backrest section of your sofa, this slipcover will also protect the sides and edges of your sofa.
When you put this slipcover over your sofa, it’s going to remain in place.
It is slip-resistant and has an elastic bottom that hugs the corners of the sofa and stops it from slipping around.
Foam anchors are also included with your order to keep the fabric from uncovering your cushions.
There are seven different color variations to choose from when you choose the Rose Home Design Stretch Sofa Covers.
They’re dark green, beige, black, burgundy, chocolate, silver, and navy.
You may also buy coordinating chairs or loveseats in your gallery.
- As this is a slipcover, it will protect your whole couch.
- There are seven different color choices to pick from.
- The cover is slip-resistant and grips the base of your sofa with its elastic bottom.
- The cover is not waterproof.
Mambe 100% Waterproof Furniture Cover for Pets
Best waterproof pet furniture covers
If your cat is susceptible to throwing up on your furniture, consider the Mambe cover.
As a 100 percent waterproof alternative, this cover will provide protection for your furniture needs to stay dry from pet messes.
The sofa cover is removable.
Each side has a lightweight microfleece material that will make it easy for people and pets to cuddle on.
The waterproof membrane between the two layers of the microfleece is not crisp, but it won’t create a distraction when anyone is up on the couch.
There are four different color variations you can pick from.
They are dove-slate, bamboo-blue, buff-camel, and chocolate-cappuccino. You’ll be able to pick the colors that best represent your living room.
This sofa cover can also be used as a cover to shield your bed and linen.
Additional sizes are available to cover lovers or recliners.
- This is a waterproof option, so it avoids spills or pet messes from touching your furniture.
- The cover is removable and has a soft microfleece finish on either edge.
- There are four different paint variations to pick from.
- Since there are no straps to keep it in place, this cover can slip off or travel more easily than some other choices.
TEWENE Sofa Cover, Velvet Couch Cover
Best Tewene couch cover
The Tewene Couch Cover for Pets will help to bring more charm to your home with the fun patterns and designs on the various sofa covers.
There are six different concept choices available to select from.
Many designs feature colors and patterns that perform well to create a distinct but elegant look.
This tool is available in various sizes, allowing you to cover sofas of all sizes.
You should buy various items to cover the base of your couch, arms and back.
It will help you tailor the coverage you build and ensure that it delivers the coverage you need depending on the particular case.
Unlike certain sofa covers for cats and dogs, this product can also be used with leather parts.
The cover has an anti-slip backrest that stops it from moving around or sliding off your sofa.
If it has to be washed, this cover can be cleaned in a cold-water cycle in your washing machine.
It may also be dried in a low-heat dryer.
- This choice adds some style and flair to your room.
- This cover can be seen on leather sofas.
- There’s an anti-slip back on the cover that prevents it from slipping down the sofa.
- You can need to buy several parts to cover your sofa entirely.
Argstar Reversible Loveseat Slip Cover
Best couch covers for cats
Apply a chic and protective splash of paint to your Argstar sofa cover.
The sofa cover features an elegant, reversible, quilted pattern.
There are 10 different color options that you can pick from, including navy/grey, black/light gray, wine/tan, chocolate neutral, and green/sage.
The cover is built to keep you warm while you relax on your sofa.
It is made from a micro-fabric that has a high-profile polyester filling.
The cover is durable, but not waterproof.
It has an adjustable band to help you place the cover on your couch to make sure it stays on.
The strap would be attached to the sides of your sofa.
You should place this cover on a cold washing machine when it needs to be washed.
It may also be dried in a low-heat dryer.
- There are 10 different color combinations.
- This cover has a soft, micro-manufactured outer layer and a supportive high-loft polyester filler.
- The elastic band on the cover is intended to help you sit in one position on your sofa.
- Although the cover is water resistant, it is not fully waterproof.
TEWENE Sectional Couch Covers Anti-Fading Sofa Slipcover for Dogs Cats
Best pet furniture covers for sectionals
Some couch covers built to protect your couch do not look so appealing to the eye, but this couch cover puts your fashion needs on the top of your concerns.
You’ve got a range of shades to pick from, so you won’t have to think about a cover matching the living room decor.
You can use the cover on all forms of couch fabrics without destroying them.
Owing to the anti-slip feature, the cover will remain in place no matter how long you lean on it or how many times your cat wants to scratch it.
The high-quality fabric can hold up against even the most frequent cat bites and give your sofa the supreme security shield it deserves.
And if you’re not happy with the sheet, you can send it back thanks to the Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Available in 10 different sizes
- Comes in 7 different colors
- Has anti-slip backing
- Since its made of fabric it can collect fur and needs to be vacuumed regularly
Turquoize Reversible Sofa Protector Pet Furniture Protector
Best couch covers for cat pee
This cover is made entirely of high-density microfiber stitching, and is designed to provide a longer life use and durability.
This cover would be resistant to spills and stains, pet fur and pet bites due to the built-in Scotchguard protection.
Your sofa will keep its brand new look as long as you keep the cover on it.
With how many sizes and color choices are available, you should have no trouble choosing the perfect cover that will cater to you and blend into your living room furniture.
Although this cover is immune to most of the messes, the rare messes are hard to clean, but, for those, the cover shows up in the laundry machine, and you’re ready to go.
- Available in seven sizes
- Comes in 11 colors
- Anti-slip backing
- Customers have stated that the covers are thin
Ameritex Loveseat Cover Waterproof Stay in Place
Best pet furniture covers for leather sofas
Secure your sofa without losing comfort, which is what nobody needs to get rid of.
You should sit back and enjoy knowing that your cat is not going to hurt your sofa.
5-layer protection offers premium protection while also offering optimal convenience.
It comes with synthetic rubber paws that are appropriate for all forms of couch to hold the slipcover in place.
Don’t think about leaks, as this cover is resistant to spills, pet hair, streaks, usual wear and tear, and stubborn cat scratches.
Performance and comfort are everything you can expect out of this cover, but if you feel like you’re not satisfied with the cover for whatever reason you can give it back thanks to the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Available in 15 colors
- Comes in six styles
- Has a storage pocket on the side
- 5-layers of protection
- Is more water repellent than waterproof
Nonslip Washable Furniture Protector Antidust Loveseat Cover for Pets
Best pet proof couch cover
This slipcover covers the entire length of your sofa as well as your armrests, ensuring that your cat’s favorite scratching spots are covered.
It is made of soft and durable micro-fiber and is packed with high-quality polyester batting for even more warmth.
It’s waterproof, so your sofa will also be safe from other messes or spills that your cat can cause.
The cover is easy to mount since it fits over your couch and is held in place with the supplied elastic band.
The more complicated it is to clean messes, the you should put the cover in the laundry machine and dry it down.
Without any difficulty and getting a reversible build, your couch would be safe from scratching.
- Available in six different sizes
- Comes in ten different colors
- Soft to the couch
- Has no anti-slip back so can slide off of couches
Kenley Pet Sofa Couch Cover – Pet Proof Furniture Protector from Cats & Dogs
Best urine resistant couch cover
It can be irritating to constantly have to buy a new sofa or have your couch fixed due to the constant scratching of your cat.
Kenley has placed the plastic covers to the test to make sure that there is no damage to your sofa at the hands or paws of your cats.
Not only is the cover protected from scratching, it is even resistant to hair, fur, stains, and even urine.
You will clean away any rag mess without having to remove the cover completely.
Since it is a plastic cover, you can even use the exterior cover to shield the furniture from rain or to protect the interior furniture during renovations in general.
- Tested to be in touch with cat scratching
- Protects the layers from most pet accidents
- Multi-purpose uses
- May get irritating in the hottest seasons
- Not washable by machine
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I protect my new furniture from my cat?
Tuck a cloth around the scratching part of the couch so that your cat can’t reach under it to scratch the cushion. Use double-sided tape or aluminum foil on the sofa. Spray the sofa with a citrus-scented spray because cats have a natural aversion to citrus odors.
What kind of sofa is best for cats?
Synthetic and microfiber materials sofas are usually the best bet for cat owners, because their fabrics are very lightweight and prove to be tougher, scratch-resistant and stain-resistant.
How can I cover my cat’s damaged couch?
To patch a bigger tear, use the same cloth, or cut a small piece of fabric from a sofa section that can’t be seen. Cut a piece of patch cloth wider than a tear-created opening. Keep the ripped fabric out of the way and move the patch fabric beneath the scratch, using a spoon handle to smooth it in place. Pin the patch in place with the upholstery pin and spread the cloth glue over the patch and around the edges of the tear. Properly and gently keep the broken cloth flap to the patch, be careful not to force the glue out or produce air bubbles. When the glue is dry, quickly remove the pins.
What material do cats like to sleep on?
Cats have sensitive noses, but go for natural fabrics, such as cotton, wool or unbleached bedding, which breathe better than synthetic products and may have less artificial odors. If your cat is not deterred by synthetic fabrics, such as plastic polyesters popular in pet bedding, feel free to experiment if your budget requires.
How do you fix cat scratches on a microfiber couch?
Wipe the scratches gently with an isopropyl alcohol wiper, operating in one direction only. Alternatively, gently sprinkle with isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle and wipe with a smooth, dry white cloth.
How do you cover up cat scratches on a leather couch?
Repairing damaged leather where cats have scratched the surface or created small pucks is possible if you are looking for a permanent repair NEVER use our coloring enhancer balm to carry out this job. (Watch Video Tutorial)
How to protect couch from cat pee?
First of all, if this happens a lot, then your sofa needs to smell so bad that it definitely needs to be replaced. I don’t think there’s any such thing as a ready-made cat pee proof sofa that you can only buy out of the shop, so you’re going to have to get a little creative to make one. Typically, this contains some sort of couch cover.
Ultimately, no matter what kind of couch you want to cover, the choices mentioned above can be a perfect way to limit your searching options. If you choose one of the above covers or just use them as a springboard to find what you’re looking for, there are a range of choices that have been specially built to protect your cats, your furniture, and your way of life!